WELCOME! I’M SO EXCITED TO MEET YOU!
I'm Jenn! I grew up a military child (I’m an Army brat), and was bitten by the travel bug since the day I arrived on this earth. I’ve traveled some and long to travel more. I was born in Germany and grew up back and forth between Germany and the U.S. My mom is German and my dad is from San Diego, California. My favorite place on this planet to vacation with my girlfriends is in Coronado, CA. I’m not sure why but I just feel at home there. I’m pretty sure my love for the ocean is part of the reason I love it there so much!
These days, I’ve been married to my husband for going on 24 years and we have 3 children ~ ages 23, 21, & 20. We also have a ton of fur babies. 6 dogs, 2 cats, 2 chinchillas, and a parakeet. :) Now, though I am an Army brat, I ended up an Air Force wife. Believe it or not, my husband’s one and only assignment was up here in Rapid City, SD and this is where he retired from 20 years in the Air Force, just a few years ago. So, we are still here! While we were active duty I was a child care provider, licensed through the Air Force for 10 years. I decided it was time to move on from my daycare days officially and do more than document my own life.
In January of 2012 Jennifer Norrick Photography was born. Pictures have been a way for me to take my memories with me every time we moved and I’ve been taking them for I don’t even know how long! I always say I am so lucky to do the thing I love the most for my job, and it’s true. I am so grateful to be able to do what I have always considered one of the most important things in the world. Where would we be without documentation through images in the history of our world?
I am so looking forward to meeting more people, seeing new places, and learning more about this craft and telling your stories with my art
* I live in my yoga pants and hoodies
* My dogs are the same to me as my children.
* I have a special place in my heart for inspirational coffee mugs from which I’m constantly infusing coffee.
* I’m a sucker for cheesy military romance novels where the damsel in distress is saved by a hero, lol!
* The Golden Girls are one of my most favorite shows (Sophia can make me laugh on my worst day!)
* My oldest daughter and I love watching Nat Geo shows about the world and it’s animal population
* I have wanderlust 24/7
* I’m bilingual (I speak/read/write) German & English
* Fall is my favorite season
* I love all things rustic, rugged, vintage, and worn
* Usually you’ll find me sporting a messy bun, my shades on top of my head, acting as a headband to keep the hair from falling into my face
* My camera goes where I go
* Road tripping with the sunroof open and the music turned up loud is on my list of self-care techniques (the playlist includes my favorite 80’s hairbands, my 90’s pop boyband loves, Stevie Nicks, and some country ~ and I will own up to the fact that I love those cheesy song choices!)
* I’ve traveled to so many states and countries, but I want to see more!
IF THERE IS ANYTHING ELSE YOU'RE CURIOUS ABOUT, ASK AWAY BY MESSAGING ME HERE . . .